The business dates from 1776 and has had various owners over the years. In 1913, the owners of the time, L. Raimondi & Son, sold the whole business to the Pettinaroli family, who for four generations now have run both the store and the workshop with tireless passion. The paper still used for the invitations and announcement cards is based on a paste invented by Grandpa Francesco: ivory white in colour, it comes in various basis weights, and is produced exclusively for the Raimondi di Pettinaroli company. The bombing raids of 1943 completely destroyed the shop on Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, and the secondary shop at No. 6, Corso Venezia, was also damaged. The family lost everything, but it had the wherewithal to pull itself back up, thanks also to the fact that it could count on the faith of its customers and suppliers, who knew how well the family worked. One supplier, for example, sent a wagon load of antique prints from England, trusting in their word. To this day, the strength of the tradition is clear, both in the welcome afforded and in the (mostly) original furnishings. Alongside the antique prints, you can order painstakingly crafted invitations and announcement cards, made using hot metal type or enamel engraving on steel plates.