This fur coat emporium was founded in 1944 by Francesco Lagori who, having been demobbed, returned to Milan and began to produce furs, for which there was considerable demand given the cold and other deprivations associated with the war, which made keeping warm a challenge. Now in the third generation, embodied by Simone Orlandi, the shop has received a plethora of awards, including the Ambrogino d’oro. In the years of the economic boom, almost every woman wanted a fur coat, and the company’s reputation grew by word-of-mouth. Today, with a view to offering its products overseas, the shop – which retains its original furnishings – is set to undergo a restyling in order to make the most of the company’s artisanal output. The coats are still made in the workshop next door, using the original machinery, such as Singer sewing machines, which are deemed superior to their modern equivalents.